RSS

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cupcake recipes

This is for Kim6992 who requested it. Here is the original tutorial for the red velvet cake. I used it for the cupcakes as well. I was able to make 24 from the recipe using a cooking scoop. I put about 2 1/2 scoops in each and baked them at 350 for about 20 minutes. The following is the recipe I used for the carrot cake ones. I got it from the food network but modified it.

2 cups self rising flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup of granulated sugar
2 (4 ounce) jars strained carrot baby food
1/2 of a small carrot grinded optional
2 eggs
1 cup of vegetable oil
Mix flour, cinnamon, and sugar in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and blend well with a mixer for about 2 minutes. I poured them into 24 cupcake wrappers, the same amount as the red velvet cake and baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes as well.

I used a double recipe for the frosting since I did 48 cupcakes. It makes a lot and allows you to put a good bit on each one so it is coated with frosting!!!

1 pound of cream cheese, softened
2 sticks of unsalted butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups of confectioners' sugar

Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth. Add sugar on a low speed and beat until incorporated. Turn speed to high and mix until light and fluffy.
Enjoy. Q

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

*Tanyetta* said...

I like receiving these cupcakes in the mail better. It was so much easier. Open the box, apply the frosting and EAT! YUMMMM delicious. THank you again Q. You know you have started a yearly tradition right? Oh just wanted to let you know :)

Queeny20 said...

@Tanyetta- I am straight side eying you. LOL Don't worry once my site is up, you can order them any time!!! Now DJ of course will always be able to get some for free. You know he is the son I'll never have. Q