RSS

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Recap of Day 2 in the wilderness

So I started the day out much better. I got to work early like I had planned. During my breaks I decided to read "What Matters Most." Man was I blown away. I had read this book before but it was like I was reading it for the first time all over again. God was using the words in the book to speak directly to me. I couldn't even get through the first chapter because I needed my journal so I can take notes. I would encourage EVERYONE who wants to follow Christ to read this book. Here are some things that stood out from what I read so far:

1. This was on page 16, "If you want to find out what mattered most to someone, read his last words." Here is some of Jesus' last words Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19- Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing then in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20- and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

2. On page 16, he gives a working definition of Discipleship, "Discipleship is that developmental process of the local church that progressively brings Christians from spiritual infancy to spiritual maturity so that they are then able to reproduce the process with someone else."

3. Discipleship requires the right information, the right skills to use the information, being yoked with someone who will help you grow, time, growth, accountability and finally, transferring what you've learned to someone else.

As you can see, there is a lot and that's just part of the first chapter!!! I even had an ouch moment that I will post about later. After leaving work, I headed right to church for bible study. I got there early and spent a few minutes praying. I went straight home, ate, fed the kids, took a shower, checked my email and was in bed early praying before I fell asleep. Q

No comments: