Sunday, December 26, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
This is for my twitter friend Msjetsetter.
Red Velvet Crust Ingredients:
2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
4 teaspoons brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
Red Velevet Filling Ingredients:
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs, beaten slightly
3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 (1 ounce) bottles red food coloring
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Strawberries for garnish
Red Velvet Cheesecake Directions:
1. Mix together chocolate graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Add melted butter and mix well.
2. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes; cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl combine cream cheese and sugar and beat with a mixer until combined.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add cocoa, sour cream, buttermilk, vanilla extract, vinegar and red food coloring and continue to beat until filling is smooth and well mixed.
6. Pour batter into prepared crust and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cheesecake looks almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven and cool in pan. Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight (in pan).
7. To make the topping: Beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake. Remove sides of spring-form pan.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I kept waking up and falling asleep. I called your dad and told him to come home from work. When he arrived, I was cleaning and he didn't believe me. When we arrived at the hospital, all of the nurses thought I was too calm to be in labor but I was farther along than anyone realized. My friend Michelle came and picked up B who was 2 at the time. The look she gave me as she left the hospital room, told me it was time. It was like she knew. I was overwhelmed. I was scared, happy, and nervous at the same time.
The time passed by quickly. I had the room dark, with a fountain going. It was me, your Dad, your Aunt Mel, the doctor and 2 nurses. From the time I arrived to the time you made your appearance, 2 hours and 18 minutes passed. I remember looking at you an immediately feeling so much love for you. I wondered how I would be able to do it but I guess God had it all worked out. I loved you like I had always known you.
Through the years I've watched you grow in awe. You have this amazing spirit and old soul. You are so receptive, wise, and confident. I wish I had those qualities at your age. So here you are, 10 years later. My love for you continues to grow. I remember being pregnant with you and receiving a prophesy about what you would be and I still believe it. I know God has great things in store for you. I hope you will always know, how much we love you, how much I love you. You are one of the greatest gifts God has ever given to me. Happy Birthday Princess D!!! Q