Tuesday, November 08, 2011
I made this a few weeks ago. It was so good that I made it again the following night. I also made it for the Supremes' birthday parties and everyone loved it. Thank me later.
Roasted Paprika Chicken
* 1/4 cup smoked paprika
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
* 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
* 5 pounds assorted chicken pieces
* 2 lemons, thinly sliced
* Garnishes: lemon slices, fresh thyme sprigs
* 1. Stir together first 5 ingredients to form a paste.
* 2. Spread half of paprika mixture evenly underneath skin of chicken pieces. Place 1 to 2 lemon slices underneath skin on top of paprika mixture. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan or 17- x 12-inch jelly-roll pan. Rub remaining paprika mixture evenly over skin.
* 3. Bake at 425° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portions registers 165°. Let chicken stand 5 minutes; lightly brush with pan juices just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
David Poran, Balducci's Food Lover's Market, Washington, D.C., Southern Living