RSS

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 17- Never giving up

I was off yesterday. After taking the Supremes to school, I was out an about with my Pastor's wife and daughter. I returned home to clean, cook, and to chill. Right before going to bed, I began thinking about all of the spiritual tasks ahead of me. I was scared for a minute because my flesh could not understand how it all would get done. I am just one person so I couldn't understand how God was going to work it out.

Just as I was about to turn off the tv to pray, I flipped the channel and Joyce Meyer was on. She said, "you know God could make bananas grow on an electric pole if He wanted.... Repeat after me, with God all things are possible." As soon as I heard those words, my eyes began to fill with tears and I felt the presence of the Lord over me. I felt as if He was telling me that it was okay.

Right there in that moment, I felt peace and all of my worry and fears quickly left me. I know that no matter what happens, I won't give up. I am going to keep trying, keep getting better, keep getting stronger, keep praying and fasting, and trusting in the Lord. I won't ever stop serving the Lord and seeking him. This race won't be over until I'm dead and can no longer fight. I won't ever stop telling of the goodness of Jesus. I won't stop using what God gives me to bless other people. I won't stop encouraging others and giving them my ear. I won't stop caring for people's souls and wanting them to know how much God loves them. I am never giving up. Q

1 comment:

Hairlicious Inc. said...

Awesome post! Thank you so much. I will never give up either!!