RSS

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Day 8- Cleaning house

All day long I was singing, "Create in me a clean heart, and renew a right spirit in me, in me. Wash me Lord. Oh Lord. Wash me." I learned that song years ago as a little girl singing in the church choir in Brooklyn NY. I've always loved that song and never paid attention to the words until I got older and discovered it was an actual scripture. But yesterday it was on my mind all day long.

That song is my theme song for this week. I know my heart has to be right so everything else will fall in line. There are some things deep down inside of it that I need to get rid of. Things I have buried or shrugged off but it seems like now they are bigger issues than I have ever imagined. I've lived long enough with them being swept up under the rug but now God wants me to expose them, and bring them to Him so He can take them away from me. It's hard because some of the things are so shameful and embarassing to even mention. But God already knows so I might as well deal with it and let Him help me. Q

No comments: