RSS

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Day 3 recap

Wednesday is my day off. I get to sleep in a little later before taking the girls to school. I got up and made waffles and hot chocolate with the leftover marshmellows from Thanksgiving and some whipcream. The girls loved it and I loved seeing their faces smile. I headed back home to do some cleaning and to eat. I met up with my Pastor and first lady at 10 for a meeting that had to be rescheduled then I sent off the prizes to my 2 a day challenge winners. I pulled out some stuff to cook, set my alarm, and took a nap around 11.

I got up a little after 4 and started dinner. I talked with God as I cooked and just thought about my life and the changes I need to make. The crew arrived home and I opened my order from Jasmine's!!! Later on the girls and I played with the camera and took some pics. I ordered dh's b-day present and I am so excited. I spent most of the night helping a friend on the phone. My dad called and I chatted with him and then I spoke to another young lady I mentor. I shared with her some stuff I had gone through and how to spend time with God. Before we hung up, she asked me for a scripture to share with her. So I pulled up this one, 1 John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

I explained to her how that scripture is basically saying, the best is yet to come for those who follow Christ. It gives me hope to press on no matter what I am going through. I told her we must remember we are eternal spirits and even though we live on earth, we have to spend eternity somewhere so never forget that. I trust the Lord enough to know that what I am, and who I am, is not who I will be. I know as long as I seek Him, He has even greater things in store for me. But God is no respector of persons, and if He is able to bless me to be better, He will do the same for you too. Q

No comments: