RSS

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

When you gotta go.... You gotta go...

Yesterday I was hit with some shocking news. Some people we consider family may be moving in the next couple of months. Tears welled up in my eyes for a second and then I was at peace. A new job opportunity will be available and they are going for it. This past Sunday we had a going away party for a family who is leaving our church. They are relocating to South Carolina to be closer to family. Then my friend Lorena and her husband has orders to Vegas baby and she will be leaving in June. You would think being a military family that we are accustomed to saying goodbye but, it is still hard. Especially when it is people who "get" me that are leaving. I don't use the word friend lightly so when someone I call a friend is leaving, it hurts like heck.

But I know when you gotta go, you gotta go. I know that they are all doing what is best for them. I can't knock anyone who chooses to follow their dreams or take a position that will open up doors for them. I can't be mad if someone chooses to be closer to their family who will help them out and give them the support they need. I can't be mad at someone who follows their husband because I know I will follow mine. I can't be mad at someone who takes a job offer that will allow them to better provider for their family. I can't be mad but, I can be sad if only for a short while. Then I can be happy for the blessings coming their way, and always be here whenever they need me. They may be far from me in the physical but they will always be in my heart. Q

No comments: