RSS

Thursday, May 10, 2007

It hurts soo good!!!

Today I finished Week 4 day 2 of the couch to 5k workout. Here is the link in case you are interested, here is the link: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml . I really had to work through the last five minutes. I was bumping Mary J. Blige's "No more drama" and it worked. Right now my eyes are super heavy and my legs feel like jello.

Even though I am feeling it physically, mentally I am very proud of myself. I have always tried to complete this program but was never able to. Finishing this week will make it the farthest I have gone with this program. I also ran into my old supervisor from the Air National Guard at the gym. We were excited to see each other since it had been over a year since the last time. Hearing him tell me about the unit let me know that I made the right decision to leave. Although I am not where I want to be, I am grateful for where I am.

Many of you may or may not know that I have had many medical challenges. Starting with my thyroid, then my tonsils and on and on. But being able to complete these workouts are small prizes for me. I remember being soo weak and tired I couldn't walk let alone run. I finally feel like I am getting "MY" body back. No matter what I plan on finishing this time and my goal is to be back to "ME" by my birthday. I don't know what size that is but when I get there I will know. Q

No comments: