RSS

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Are you an old school friend? I am

When I think about how things were back in the day I smile. My mom and her friends always looked out for each other. If one had, they all had. They were not petty and arguing over a food bill down to the penny. No one took advantage of the unspoken code by mysteriously not have any money every single time. They had each other's back.

I am the same way. If I go get something to eat and don't have the change, I will give my friend's there money back. If they pay for me today, then next time, I got it. I don't keep score or keep track unless I promise to pay you back and I will. If I bless them with something, I don't hold it over their heads or think I am better than them. Sometimes they have to remind of some of the stuff I have done not because it is not important but because to me, it is all apart of being a friend.

When it comes to our kids, this doesn't even need to be discussed. We trust each other's judgment enough to know we would never hurt or harm one another's kids. But if they see my kids out of line they won't hesitate to correct them and vice versa. We can call each other day or night and know there is nothing we can't say to each other. If one of us gets a promotion, has a baby, or buys a house, we celebrate like it's nobody's business. There is no jealousy or envy. Oh and please believe if someone does one of us wrong, they have done it to all of us.

What kind of friend are you? Are you an old school friend? Q

No comments: