RSS

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I gotta get on track

Today was week 5 day one of the couch to 5k workout. I alternated 5 minutes of running with 2 minutes of walking. I felt really good and am soo proud of myself. That is the good news. The bad news is, I have some serious issues with my eating. I think I may have a problem.

No I am not doing anything crazy but I am not doing what is right. I realized it today when I was talking to a friend. Here it was 3 in the afternoon and I had barely eaten all day. I finally realized it and decided to grab something to fuel my 5:30 workout. When I mentioned it to my friend, she reminded me how I needed fuel and from there I began to tell her that I often forget to eat.

On the way home I thought about my eating habits and it hit me how bad they were. I am two extremes when I need to be in the middle. I either forget to eat and therefore not eat enough, then overeat when I realize that I haven't eaten. Fortunately for me, I eat healthy but I know I need to do better when it comes to eat more often and consistently. So I will sit down this week and come up with a plan. I may have to set a reminder on my cellphone but my goal is to eat 5 small meals throughout the day. Most importantly, I will start eating breakfast every morning. I will also log everything I eat to include the times, and portions sizes. From there I will make adjustments as needed. I know once I fuel my body correctly, the pounds will fall off even faster. As the saying goes, you are what you eat. Q

No comments: