RSS

Friday, May 25, 2007

Getting back out in the working world

This past January, I started getting bored. I was bored with being at home. Bored with working online. The passion I once had for working at home was gone. I prayed and spoke with my Pastor's wife about it. I told her I would love to do something part time just to get my feet wet back into the working world. Well one day in February I received a call from her. She told me to call another friend of mine named Kristie. She told me Kristie had another friend who needed someone to work for a couple of days. I later spoke with Kristie who then put me in contact with Veronica. Veronica is the human resources assistant for an employment agency. She had a client that needed a temp worker for 3 days, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I started on February 7th and am still there to this day.

At first it was cool being a temp because my hours were very flexible and allowed me to still be at home and be there for my kids. I decided to take Monday's off in order to run errands, do stuff around the house, and be available for the church. Now that I am back into the swing of working again, I like it. I work with a cool bunch of people, the job is close to home and the girls school, and the pay is not too bad.

Now I have started to get the working itch again. I put my resume out on different job engines. I have gotten calls, and have been to interviews but nothing fits just yet. I was still a little unsure about going back into the full time workforce but now I am ready. I have been working on my resume, doing a lot of research, talking things over with Thomas, and setting up a plan. I know what I want and I won't settle for anything less. It is not simply about the money either. I want to do something I love. I want to meet new people and do a little bit of traveling. And yes I do want to get paid what I am worth.

For those of you who know how successful I have been in my home based business, you are probably scratching your head. But you know me, I am always on the move and always trying something new and exciting. I will still keep it going and running but I won't be actively promoting and bringing in new customers. I am looking forward to whatever new opportunities come my way. If you have any tips for me, feel free to comment and help me out!!! Q

No comments: