RSS

Monday, August 18, 2008

Small changes, big smiles

Since I've begun my battle against hypothyroidism, I have been unable to enjoy some things. One of the biggest things that really upset me was not being able to wear my wedding ring. My fingers would swell really bad and I had to wear it on my pinkie. That got really annoying because it was a little too big.

Well right before heading to Vegas, I packed my ring up. I was determined to wear it in order to fully celebrate our anniversary. Well since then, I have been able to wear it daily. My ring is not big, flashy, or expensive but it means a lot to me. I still remember the day I saw it and when Thomas got down on his knee and asked me to marry him with it. It was beautiful to me then, and it is beautiful to me now. Being able to wear it again, tells me that all the working out, eating right, and taking care of my body has been working. I still have a long way to go but this small physical change has put a big smile on my face!!!! Q

2 comments:

*Tanyetta* said...

I'm so glad you're able to wear your ring again.

I loved this part:

**My ring is not big, flashy, or expensive but it means a lot to me.**

That's how it should be!

Simply Me said...

Aww, I'm happy you can wear your ring again.