RSS

Friday, August 08, 2008

Birthday revelation

I know the day is not over with but I've had an awakening moment today. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I have another chance to do things different and to make sure my 30's is better than my 20's.

This day is very special to me and unfortunately those who I thought loved and cared about me, have forgotten. I would be lying if I said I was not hurt. Especially because I always go out of my way to say happy birthday to those I love. It could be a card, an email or a phone call but I always do it even when some of them have never acknowledged my day. I am shocked because people I have known less than a year have called, im'd or emailed but those I consider like family have yet to say a word. To those of you who have forgotten I forgive you, I really do. I plan on enjoying my day and having a fabulous party tomorrow with my friends and family. From here on out, I will focus my time and energy on the people who care enough to take the time to show me how much I mean to them. I will still love them, I will still pray for them, and I will still acknowledge them but they won't have the priority in my life they once had. It's all good. At least now I know where I stand.

I've decided to also get more focused on the things I want for myself and my family. I want to focus more on God and really make some changes in my life. I am still focused on being healthy and getting to a healthy size. I want to be a living testimony of God's word. I want to stop gossiping and make sure my communication is uplifting, positive and encouraging. I want to be a better wife, mother, friend, minster. I want to give more, laugh more and love more. I want to only have people in my life who truly love and support me and will be beneficial to me going higher. I feel like my life is starting over and I have another chance to really stand up and make a difference. Watch out, the best is yet to come!!! Q

Oh and if you are reading this, you are probably not who I am speaking of. Q

1 comment:

Keelah said...

I loved this post. Happy belated and I hope your thirties ROCK!!