RSS

Friday, August 08, 2008

Birthday smiles

The song "Emotional Roller Coaster" by Vivian Green would describe my day today. I was on the phone with my girl April at around 12 and she was the first to wish me a Happy Birthday. I stayed online and blogged with tears in my eyes. I woke up to my wonderful gift and phone calls from my dad, my mom, and my favorite cousin Ro. My kids gave me lots of hugs, kisses, and homemade gifts and my husband didn't let me move a finger.

I logged onto on of my favorite message boards to find a post with an outpouring of love and well wishes. My email, myspace page, and personal message box was flooded with words of love. But I was a little sad because some names were missing. I tried to go about my day and do my usual like surf the net, read and respond to blogs but I still felt bad. Finally I blogged about it but I still didn't get a release. Then I read a post on another blog about being passive agressive. It was the wake up call I needed. My pity party was over. Yeah I am entitled to one and I had a short one today.

But it is times like this that God uses as an opportunity to bless me and give me some insight. You see this once again reassured me that I have been right to not let my happiness be tied up in people. Sure it is good to love people, to have them in your life, and to enjoy their company but always remember folks are human. They have flaws, they will forget, they are not perfect, but God is. God will never leave me or forsake me. God will never forget what means most to me. God always lets me know I am loved. So no matter what, I know I am loved. Even if no one else loves me, I love myself and most importantly, God loves me!!! Thanks for the kick in the pants too M, wink. Yup and I am back to my old self again. Q

No comments: