RSS

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tonight's dinner


I usually don't put more than one carb in a meal but tonight I just had a taste for them. So I made Korean Barbecued Beef and pasta salad.
Here is the recipe for the Korean Barbecued Beef, modified and made healthier by me of course:
1 pound of beef boneless top or sirloin steak (I used sirloin)
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1 T of sugar
1 T of sesame or vegetable oil
1/4 tsp pepper
1 green pepper chopped
3/4 tsp of crushed garlic in a jar or 2 cloves of garlic

Trim fat from steak and cut in 1/8 inch slices or cubes. Mix remaining ingredients, and stir in beef until well coated. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. The original says to drain the beef but I like to cook it in the marinade. Heat wok (what I used) or 10 inch skillet over medium heat until hot. Add beef and green pepper and stir fry 2-3 minutes until brown.

This recipe also works well with chicken!!! Q

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK. Now I have a taste for some tangy pasta salad!