RSS

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Apple crisp



I very rarely cook this but I love it because it is quick, easy, and delicious. Plus I always have the ingredients on hand. My mom used to make this all the time when I was growing up so eating it always reminds me of her. It is extra delish with a side of ice cream. Sometimes I kick it up with my cream cheese frosting mixed in but most of the time, I stick to the basic recipe. Here it is. Enjoy!!! Q

Ingredients:
4 medium tart cooking apples or whatever you have. Sliced about 4 cups. (You can even use peaches.)
2/3 cup of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of all purpose or self rising flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup stick margarin or butter, softened. (I use smart balance spread.)
3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.

Heat over to 375.
Grease bottom and sides of square pan.
Arrange apples in pan. (I use a potato peeling to peel my apples then a corer that use just push down on and the cut the individual slices from there.)
Mix remaining ingredients well and sprinkle over the apple. Make sure to fill in any spots.
Bake about 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm and if you like, with ice cream.

No comments: