RSS

Friday, April 18, 2008

Phrases I hate

Today I was visiting the wedding registry page of a friend of mine. I began to look at some other pages and just got irked. *WARNING* I'm about to say some stuff that you may not agree with which is cool. Just understand these are MY thoughts and MY opinions, AIGHT!!!

Now I understand that I am reading way too much into things but I believe words have power. That is why I am careful about what I say. Actually I will elaborate more on my next post. So anyway here are some phrases that really bother me:

1. "I am nothing without him/her"- Oh really. So you mean you were just a blob sitting around until this person came along and molded you and made you. I don't think so. I was a wonderful person before I met dh and I am a wonderful person now. I am a child of the most high so not only am I something already, I am royalty.

2. "If I were to ever lose him/her, I think I would die"- Sigh. Well just die then because tomorrow is not promised to anyone. In the blink of an eye, someone you love can be gone and you will be left behind. You will still have a life to live. Don't get me wrong, I will be hurt if God forbid I lose Thomas but I still have 3 little people and a life of my own that I need to continue to give my all to.

3. "He/she completes me"- So were you a half person, 1/4 or 3/4 of a person before they came along. So if they leave does a part of you leave also. Will just walk around as part of a person until someone else comes along. When you die, will your obituary say "here lies part of so and so"?

There are a couple more like, "you are my world, my sun, my everything. I am who I am because you came into my life." Blah, blah, blah!!!! Seriously, I know I am being a little over the top but there are folks who believe this deep down inside. Their world revolves around someone, finding someone, trying to keep that someone, worrying about that someone when God should be the center. God is the only person who will never leave you or forsake you. He made you. He loves you unconditionally. For all of those who are thinking about getting married, start it off right by making sure God is the head. If you do that, you will be blessed. Q

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!