RSS

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My macaroni and cheese tutorial

I realized I've been slacking on adding my food recipes and tutorials on this site so I decided to get on my job. Thank you Chardai for bringing it to my attention. Oh and I don't use butter in mine. I do use 2% velveeta and low fat cheese and milk. It still tastes great but is low in fat.
Ingredients:
1 16 box of macaroni noodles
2 oz of sharp cheddar shredded
2 oz of mozarella shredded
2 oz of mild cheddar
2 oz of colby and monterey jack cheese
Some extra shredded cheese for top
8 oz of velveeta cut into cubes
16 oz of milk
2 eggs beaten
1 T of salt
1 tsp of pepper
Some seasoned salt for the top
A greased pan

Here is a pic of everything shredded, measured and set aside.



Boil and drain macaroni and return to pan on low heat.



Add milk, eggs, all of the cheese except the extra, salt, and pepper. Mix until the velveeta chunks are almost melted about 3-5 mins.


Set oven to 350 degrees. Pour mix in greased pan and place in oven. Sprinkle top with extra shredded cheese and seasoned salt.


Bake for 30 minutes or until it bubbles. Here is the final result. Q

1 comment:

Sharon said...

This is by far the BEST macaroni and cheese I've ever had. Thanks for sharing your recipe!