RSS

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What would make you happy?

I must confess I was a little depressed last week. I don't know what it was but I didn't want to talk to anyone and I think I scared my husband. He of course asked, was it him, was it the kids. It was neither. It was me all me. Of course I prayed and looked real deep and found the answer.

I wasn't happy because I feel trapped and restricted. We have been living in NM going on 6 years and I don't like it anymore. It was cool at first because the kids were young and I was focused on them but now that they are older, it is time for me to spread my wings.

I need to live somewhere a little more exciting than this. My husband loves christian hip hop, I like r&b and we both like sports but there isn't a professional team here. We very rarely get decent acts and if we want to see a game, we will have to travel out of town. I know I was sent here for a reason and I am very grateful but now I think it is time for us to move on.

My husband was notified that he was on the cross training list so there is a strong possibility he will be going into a new job and we will probably get orders. We talked last night and he is going to update his dream sheet with possible choices. Right now our top choices are VA, NC, and TX. I know it will be at least a year before anything happens but in the mean time I am already preparing for it. Just the thought of it makes me happy and gives me hope.

What about you? What will make you happy and what are you doing about it? Q

No comments: