RSS

Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend recap

After the crappy events that took place during the week, I am glad to say my weekend was a lot better. This past week I actually remembered to bring my mp3 player to work so I can listen to my songs and the local radio station. They have a station here that don't play a lot of the music I like but they do have some really good topics and I enjoy the discussions. While listening, they began to play my song "Bed". I was so excited because it was my first time hearing it on the radio here that I decided to call.

At the time I called they were giving away tickets to a new club named "Seven". The female dj answered and she remembered me from myspace and gave me vip tickets for me and 9 of my friends. I was thinking "I don't have 9 friends". I have friends but there isn't too many I actually hang out with. I thought about it and decided to call Kristi and El. They are both members of my church and are all around cool women. Thomas looked at me funny when I told him but I figured I would go and listen to some good music and head home.

When we first got there, it was kind of boring. The vip tickets I had also came with champagne. I don't drink but I think a small glass of wine or champagne is fine so the girls helped themselves. After about 30 minutes, the dj from the radio station (Dana) arrived and the dance floor started to pick up. Our section was above the dance floor so I went down to dance with a group of girls. Dana spotted me and we spoke, hugged, and just laughed. I danced off to myself most of the night until Candy, the other dj tried to show me up but I broke him down and he kept it moving!!!

Afterward we week out to eat at the Village Inn and just had some good convo. I didn't get in until after 2 and I knew I would be tired because I still had to go in and work. Fortunately for me, work went well and I was in and out in about 4 1/2 hours. Then I headed home, crashed, and later ordered pizza. Dana invited me to come back to the club but that is really not my scene. But I will keep it in mind if I ever want to get out, dance, and be around some cool people. Q

No comments: