RSS

Monday, November 24, 2008

You are what you speak

Your words have power. The bible says death and life are in the power of tongue. We kill our own dreams and blessings just by opening our mouths. If you say something enough, you will believe it. If you believe it, you will become it. So we must be careful to not become the negative things we speak into our lives. It is not the tongue itself that has the power but the words. The words have power because of where they come from. The tongue itself is just a tool but Matthew 12:34 states, "For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." Those negative words are originating from your heart.

There is a Psalm that I use in my prayer life almost daily. Psalm 51:10 Create in me, a clean heart, O God and renew a right spirit within me. I pray it because I want my heart to be clean and my spirit to be right in God's eyes so the words that come from the abundance of my heart are right and clean as well. A lot of folks speak words, that never come to pass and they wonder why. It's because the source of the words is not clean.

If your heart is not clean then how can you expect your words to have a positive affect in your life? It's like having a bucket full of mud with fruit in it and hoping to pull out a clean one to eat. Get rid of the muddy water first and you won't have to worry about the fruit you choose because all of it will be clean. Our hearts work in the same way. It has to be clean.

Once our heart and our spirits are right then we need to choose our words. We live so much in this world that we began to speak like it. I am not talking about cursing either. It is normal to us but we shouldn't use the world's dictionary for our words, we should instead use the word of God. Instead of saying "I can't do it say", "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Instead of saying, "It's too hard" say, "There is nothing too hard for God." Instead of saying, "It's impossible" say, "With God all things are possible." Instead of saying, "I don't have the power to do it" say, "Greater is He that is in me, than He that is in the world." So it is important for us to get the word of God in us so we will have nothing but His words of power to choose and to speak over our lives.

If you say it, you will believe it. If you believe it, you will become it. You are what you speak so get your heart right and choose to speak the words of the Lord over your life. Much love. Q

1 comment:

Admin said...

My goodness it's like church at my desk with my soup and coke. I'm enjoying these blog Queeny. You really have got a sistah thinking about herself, her life and her ways these past few days.

Keep on keeping on you're inspiring.