RSS

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Will they reminisce over you?!!!

I think about death a lot. Especially as of late because of the people I have lost recently. I don't fear it but I don't want it to pay me a visit, at least not yet. There is so much I feel I need to do first but nevertheless, I am ready for it. I have all of my arrangements set up. There is to be no black, a lot of music, and a lot of laughs. Everyone who speaks has to tell something funny about me.

I try to live each day like it is my last. I think a lot about my legacy and how I will be remembered especially when it comes to my girls. I want to be the kind of mother they want to be when they get older. And I try to do the little things to let everyone around me know just how special they are to me.

What matters most to me is not how I am as a person is remembered but how my spirit lives on. Not the spirit that others see, but the spirit within that strives to be like God. When people think of me, besides remembering how cute I am and funny I was, I want them to remember the power of Christ in my life. I want them to think of me and want to be more like Him, want to get to know Him better, want to live their lives so they can see Him. I want them to know the good I've done is because of Him, and the bad is something they should try to avoid.

That's how I want to be remembered, as someone who lived her life being a vessel that God used to bless others. My good works done through Him, will bless others, who will then bless other people, and the blessings will continue to go on and on. All that I am, all that I want to be, and the good that comes from me, is all because of Him and Him alone. So when you remember me, you are remembering Christ, His sacrifice, which means I will live and be remembered forever. I am forever alive because He lives. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son. That whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish but have eternal life. Q

No comments: