RSS

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The highs and lows of life



Yesterday I checked my email and had a friend request from myspace. It was only a first name but I immediately knew who it was. It was my friend Moe from NY. She and I went to elementary and junior high school together. We lost contact after graduation. So here is it about 15 years later and we are on the phone giggling and laughing like old times. We scanned some old pics and sent them to each other and caught up on all of our close friends. I was so happy last night and I was giddy as I went to sleep.

This morning I logged in to check my email and I had one from my high school's networking site. A young lady named Gabby that I went to high school with passed away from cancer. I didn't know her in school but we communicated via the site several times. I prayed for her, sent her well wishes, and smiled as she posted pics of herself living life. She got a chance to meet several celebrities and was actively involved in cancer awareness. I followed her as she blog about her journey through chemo up until her last post on September 6th. Her cancer had returned and they were unsure about when to start new treatments.

So here I sit today happy to be reconnected with an old friend and mourning the passing of another. I wanted to end this post with some of Gabby's last words because even in the end she was strong in the Lord. I ask that you pray for her family. Q

"I do ask that you be not afraid for me in this. The Lord Jesus our God does not give us a spirit of fear. It is not of Him. He gives us his graces, mercy, love salvation and life eternal in Him. He died so we all can live! Please continue to pray for me and my family as we take this journey. And I also ask that if you don’t know Him seek Him! He is the answer all things – we can’t rely on the things and the promises of this world because it is not of God!"

1 comment:

CreoleInDC said...

She was indeed beautiful.