RSS

Friday, October 17, 2008

Wow did you add some hair?!!!

First let me say I have the best boss in the world. But I think I threw him off today. Yesterday I washed my hair, blowdried it and put it in braids. My plan was to wear a braid out this am but I was having technical difficulties with the Supremes and forgot. So I got to work and the lady from HR came in my office and said, ooh I like your braids and asked to touch it. I thought braids, and then realized I was wearing all of these crazy parted, different thickness braids all over my head. So I ran into the bathroom, took them apart with my fingers and left the back out and pulled the top into a loose ponytail. Well my boss just walked past and asked, "wow did you add some hair?" I laughed and explained it to him. He said, "wow that's kind of neat." I rarely wear my hair out and this braid out is looser and longer than usual because my hair is blowdried. Anyway just wanted to share a hair story. I had my girl J take some pics for me so here they are. Q

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hair is really gorgeous, truely inspirational. Keep up the good work, Que. ---CurlyMoo

Hijabi Apprentice said...

Wow! Looks yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! That's right, keep your boss guessing ;)

What type of moisturizer do you use?

Queeny20 said...

Right now I am just using castor oil and avocado butter as moisturizers. HTH Q

Anonymous said...

omg....your hair and braidout are absolutely pretty. thanks so much for sharing. I want to try this with my daughters hair.

Anonymous said...

do you you use commercial brand shampoos? i wanted to try organix coconut milk but i am afraid because it seems to have few chemicals in it.

Queeny20 said...

Yes I use commercials brands as well. I use Suave mainly. I love the humectant and the biobasics ones they have. I have a fotki so email me for the link and pw. Q

Anonymous said...

WOW, this is perfect. It's a goddesses hairstyle. My favorite.

Anonymous said...

I'm almost completely natural, and thank God that my hair is growing at a fair paste. I love this hairstyle, I want to wear it one day. Please tell me exactly how you got your hair to elegantly relax the shrinkage, yet it still beautifully respects the shrinkage??

Anonymous said...

I understand that it is blowdried, but which blowdrier type, and which setting? Was it braided?

Queeny20 said...

Hi Anon. I used a vidal sassoon blow dryer on high. After my hair was dry, I applied a little castor oil and braided my hair. The next morning I took the braids out. That's it. Q