RSS

Thursday, October 23, 2008

We all have to take our Big Girl/Boy Pill!!!

This morning as I was driving to work, I began to talk to God. Or rather He began to talk to me. It is time, He told me. Yup it was time for me to swallow another Big Girl Pill. You see this year has been filled with a lot of them. He has been moving things and people out of my life and it has not been easy. So this morning He let me know it was time for Him once again to do what He needs to do. You see I got a little too comfortable and before I went over the edge, He decided to send me a wake up call. Little did I know how soon it would happen.

So here I am sitting with some spiritual water trying to swallow this pill He has placed in front of me. Folks just don't know how hard it is for me sometimes. As much as I try, I know I can't have it all, I can't do it all and I can't be everything to everybody. Serving God comes with a cost esp being a minister. I know I have messed up but I am learning. Each new day I am getting better and stronger. The closer I get to Him, the more I have to choose. I have to choose who I spend time with, the type of music I listen to, the things I watch on tv., the people I allow into my life. Choices all around me.

But I thank God because once He tells you something, He always follows it up with confirmation. So when I picked up the phone this morning and dialed my girl, she confirmed everything He had already told me. I am grateful because God understands us. He knows the type of people to send your way that will bless you and encourage you. Over the past 2 months, I have had the pleasure of meeting other females in the ministry. One is around my age group and she moved here from New Orleans and I am enjoying her company and being able to learn from her.

Serving God is not easy. And I know the longer I serve the harder it will get. My Pastor says, "it will not get easier, we will have to get stronger." Although I get tired of these pills, I take em anyway because in the end, not serving Him is just not worth it. Q

No comments: