RSS

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

That's what love is...


I love this picture of my husband. Every time I see it, I smile. His body language speaks volumes. He is standing, scratching his chin in shock trying to take everything it. It was taken in December of 2006 at his surprise 30th birthday party. He spent the entire night just smiling and showering me with hugs and kisses. It made me happy to see him happy. That's what love is.

Love is more than just feeling good yourself. True love is being happy when you make the one you love happy. When you can put a smile on the face. When you can make them scratch their chin, and stare at their birthday cake. When you can almost bring tears to their eyes when they see you have flown their mother and mother in law in to celebrate their special day. When all you care about is making sure they know how special they are. That is how we have been able to last. I recently posted about being very well taken cared of. Thomas is as well. We spoil each other rotten. We are each other's biggest supporters and cheerleaders. That's how it is supposed to be. Marriages last when the two people in it do what it takes to keep each other happy. If done right, no one will ever feel unappreciated or taken advantage of.

I don't mind being submissive to my husband. It doesn't mean I am weak. It means I am strong enough to love, to trust and to let him carry some of the load for me. I know everyone can't do it like we do but if you sit down and talk it can be done. We have been blessed so much because we always put God first, we are very giving and loving, and we treat people the way we want to be treated.

I love my husband. He is everything I wanted in a husband and more. I am so blessed to have him in my life and so grateful my kids have him as a father. I love him because he shows me love each and everyday. We work because we do what we need to so the other is always happy. We may not have a lot to some but the love we have is priceless. Our love for each other can't be measured. That's what love is!!! Q

2 comments:

Admin said...

Q I remember this on LHCF, not the picture but your posts about the hubby's birthday. Was this the one, now correct me if I'm wrong where you surprised him with an SUV. I'm sure it was you circa the 12 Daily Pro days.

And yes I 110% agree with your post on love.

You are all blessed to have one another.

Queeny20 said...

Yes it was around that time. Ironically he was more happy about his cake and his family than he was about the car. I wish I would have known, it would have saved me a couple thousand dollars. Q