RSS

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The soul YOU save will be your own (Part 1 of the YOU series)

When I first got saved I was on a mission to save the world. I wanted all of my friends and family to accept Jesus as their personal savior. I would get frustrated when it seemed like they didn't care. I spent a lot of time with other people only to feel disappointed and letdown when they went back to their old ways. It became way too personal. I'm not saying that I should not care or want others to experience Christ. But I took it personal, as if they were rejecting me.

August of this year will make 10 years since I gave my life to Christ. The Queneesha then and the Queneesha now are so different from each other. I am wiser spiritually, I am now a minister, and I have an even deeper relationship with Christ. One of the biggest things I know now that I didn't know before is, salvation is a personal decision between Christ and a person and no one else. In other words, You are responsible for You. That's it!!!

We all will have to stand before God and give an account of our actions. We won't have our mother, or father, or anyone else who will be able to take our place. When you realize that, living as a Christian is much easier. Instead of trying to "save" someone, you instead become an example for salvation. Jesus is the only one that can "save" another person. It takes that person accepting Him and following Him so their name can be written in the Book of Life. You must always focus on your own soul first and foremost. Make sure you are doing what God has called you do to, make sure you are the light this world needs, make sure you are a living example of who Christ is and let him do the rest. Jesus called us to be fishers of men, we catch them with our goodness and kindness, and let Him clean them. Q

No comments: