RSS

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Opposites aren't the only ones that attract

When I look at my life I can't help but smile at how blessed I am. It is not perfect but I am thankful that I have come so far. Not just spiritually, and financially but emotionally. The woman that I look in the mirror now is a much better person than the woman I used to know 10 years ago. I would love to say that it all happened by mistake but, it is all by design.

I went through the early part of my life dealing with mess. I had messy so-called friends, messy boyfriends, and messy situations. My life was just a mess. I cleaned my slate a few years ago and because of that GOD has blessed me tremendously. I once prayed to HIM that I wanted real friends in my life and He did just that.

It is by His divine design that I have great and wonderful people in my life. People from all walks of life and from all around the world. But they all have the same things in common; they are great, wonderful, fabulous, and drama free. Just like I am. We may have some differences but the common denominator is a good heart, and a great spirit. We all have a love for other people and don't mind showing it. We all are upfront and honest even if it hurts. We rejoice and celebrate each other and we encourage and uplift when things seem down. We won't hesitate to give of our time or even our money to be a blessing to one another. We don't judge, criticize or condemn and we will speak out against anyone who tries to do so. We are very much alike.

I continue to attract those same kinds of people in my life. I don't even have to work to avoid the messy ones anymore because they leave on their own. They can't take my spirit, they can't love me for me, they don't like me, and that is just fine. I believe you can learn a lot about the person from the company they keep. I am blessed to know that I am in great company. Q

No comments: