RSS

Monday, January 26, 2009

Deja Vu

Tonight my phone rang. It was my friend T on the other end. I already knew before she told me. She tried to be strong by asking about the kids etc but I already knew. Her husband Chris lost his battle with cancer. I felt like someone punched me in the stomach. When I last saw him, he was up and about, smiling and his cancer was in remission. Apparently it came back and this time in his lungs. It was real aggressive and it was quick. He went into the hospital and 6 days later, he was gone. She was just lonely and wanted to talk so we did. I told her the story about K and her tight shoes today and it made her chuckle. She thanked me and said she needed that. I am going to find the time to see her and check in on her. Just to sit with her and keep her company. I have so many thoughts because it seems like I keep losing people all around me. But I know it's because I love so many people and that is a part of life.

To Chris, my tall fellow NYer and Knicks fan, I love you and I thank God for having the chance to have known you. RIP Q

2 comments:

*Tanyetta* said...

Queeny!

I'm so sad to hear of your friend's husband. I'm sure she is in great pain. So thankful to hear you'll be there for her!

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to hear about your loss, que! i will keep all of your in my prayers.