RSS

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This blessed me!!!

The other day I went to Best Buy and picked up Ne-yo's new album. I still buy cds because I like to read the album notes and credits. In his thank yous, he wrote something that really blessed me and I wanted to share it with you guys.

"You know, God puts the power to obtain all we desire within us, it's tapping into that power that proves difficult for most. It requires sacrifice, humility, the ability to look at one's self and see and accept one's flaws and shortcomings. It takes the strength to ask Him for help. You'd be surprised how difficult it is to truly do that.

God I thank You for pain, because it shows us how precious and rare true pleasure is. I thank You for confusion, because it allows us the opportunity to find clarity; frustration, because it allows us room to develop patience; for weakness, because it allows us to become stronger; for ignorance, because it allows us to learn."


I have been going through my own personal transformation. I know God has so many great things in store for me but I won't ever get them if I don't change. It's a hard thing to look at yourself and see your flaws. But I am thankful for each new day that allows me the chance to get it right. I am not perfect and I don't claim to be. I am striving towards it. But each day I get up, it is my prayer that I do what's pleasing in God's sight. Even if I fail, I will continue to try. I've lived without God and I now have Him in my life. And I can honestly say although it is not always easy, I couldn't imagine living my life without Him. Q

4 comments:

Mel said...

Funny what you find inside a cd cover. I hardly ever read them unless I'm looking for lyrics.

Did you get your walk on today?

*Tanyetta* said...

I really needed to read this today!

Mel said...

How's the walking going ma'am?

Eb the Celeb said...

i still buy CDs too... you should also pick up Jazmine Sullivan and Joe's new CD... both great