RSS

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day

Today was such a great day. I got to sleep in. I woke up, showered and chatted with two of my favorite girls, Monica and my Tee girl. Then I ran out real quick, visited with my hairdresser and came back home. My fam and I went to Best buy to look at some new computers, then to Applebee's to eat some free food, to the library, and then the mall. As I sit here typing, I feel so incredibly blessed. Although America isn't perfect, I love my country. I enjoy some freedoms I know women in other countries could only dream of. I also know this freedom came with a cost and I don't take that for granted. As I enjoyed my day with my husband, I know some wife just said goodbye to hers as he headed to Iraq. As I laughed at my babies, I know there is a mother who patiently waiting for a from her daughter who is in harms way. So today, I take the time to pray for all those who serve, who are serving, and who will one day serve to keep this country free. Q

No comments: