RSS

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cornbread dressing recipe

To make this dressing, I start with the cornbread:

1/2 cup butter melted
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar

Grease pan and heat oven at 400. Combine ingredients and put in pan. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes.

While that is cooking, I cut up some celery and sometimes a little mushrooms and turkey giblets if I have it. I like for my celery to be cooked a little so I cook them in about a tablespoon of butter.

Now for the dressing part:
The items cooked above
1 can of cream of celery soup
1 can of beef consomme soup
1 can of beef broth
seasoned salt to taste

I left the cornbread cool and then crumbled it in the pan and mix all of the above and stir it in. Cook for another 10-20 minutes until a crust forms on the top. Q

No comments: