RSS

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I got a powerful word from the Lord today

Well actually, it was something I've read numerous times but today, it was like reading it for the first time. I've been thinking about it and dissecting it. It's so powerful, it brought me to tears. I hesitated about posting but at the same time, I can't help but share. So anyway, the scripture is Mark 8:34-38. I am still breaking some things down and I will make it available later but I want to encourage you all to read it and pray over it as well. It is such a key scripture to who we are and what Christ requires of us but I think what is REALLY being said is often overlooked.

We are at a key point in history my brothers and sisters. The Lord is about to do something great but we have to be ready. It won't be easy but the blessings will be so worth it. We have all seen, used, and heard the term What Would Jesus Do and this scripture ties in with it. We must really step back and examine ourselves.
Are we really being who Christ called us to be?
Are we really putting God first?
Are you hot, cold, or lukewarm?
Are we making the sacrifices needed to serve Him or are we fooling ourselves?
Have you done all you can to serve the Lord and stand out or have you blended with the crowd?
Why are we still struggling with the same sins for all these years?
What is keeping you from your breakthrough?

These are the questions I asked myself when I read the scriptures and I encourage you to do the same. It's time for us to stop playing and start doing. We have to pee or get off the pot. Be blessed. Q
Edit/Delete Message

No comments: