RSS

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dream a little Dream

Yesterday I took D to get her braces checked. While in the waiting room, I picked up a magazine and began to read it. In the back of the magazine, there was a list of quotes mainly by people in the entertainment industry. Well I read one that stopped me in my tracks. First because it gave me chills, and spoke to what I've been trying to do in my life. Then second because of the author. "So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and..soon they become inevitable" Christopher Reeve
How powerful is that?!!!! I've always loved Christopher Reeve. There was just something about him as an actor that I adored when I was a little girl. Then after his accident, my love for him grew because he had incredible courage even with all of the obstacles before him. His passing was sad for me because I knew he wanted to walk again and I wanted it for him. But it is my prayer that He knew Christ as his personal Savior and is now not only walking, but he has a new body in heaven!!!

Today, I can say I have crossed over from improbable and now into the inevitable when it comes to making my dream come true. What started out as a little dream has grown into something bigger and better. Even with all the missteps and setbacks, I am more focused now than ever to do what I love to do. It wasn't easy getting to this place and over the impossible. But I've always believed that with God, all things are possible and I knew getting here would happen.

So to everyone who is reading this, don't let go of your dreams. No matter what happens, if you want it, and God wants you to have it, it's yours. Keep dreaming, keep praying, keep pressing and soon having what's yours will be inevitable!!! Be blessed. Q

2 comments:

Jen said...

This is a great post Queeny. I've been following your blog for a few months now and it has been a blessing to me. This post is particularly poignant at this time in my life. My dreams have been deferred for some time now, but I finally feel like I'm about to breakthrough. I like the idea that the fulfillment of my dreams is "inevitable." Like you said, I just have to keep praying and pressing on. Thanks and be blessed. Peace.

Queeny20 said...

Loni- thank you so much for stopping by. I am so glad this has been able to be a blessing to you. I def know what it's like to have a dream deferred but don't give up!!! Much love. Q