RSS

Monday, April 13, 2009

21 Days to a closer walk with Thee (Day 15)

I am having some computer issues at home still so I will post both days tomorrow. God bless. Q

Edited: Here is day 15:
1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
All we have, comes from Christ. He is the source. It is through Him that we are able to have power. In this analogy, we are the branches. If you understand your role in the Kingdom, you will also understand that God the Father, the husbandman will sometimes have to prune us. He will get rid of the things that are hindering us from bearing fruit, like bugs (sin), pruning (getting rid of bad relationships), and dead leaves (doubt). Yes it is sometimes painful to endure but understand it's for our good. We are like organic gardening. Doing so requires special attention, care and, extra work but the end result is so much better. The fruit is pure, unadulterated, and not full of things that can harm you. Our fruit will be good for those who eat of it because it starts with the best source, Christ.

11These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
17These things I command you, that ye love one another.
18If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
The thing that stands out to me throughout scripture is how complete the Lord is. He uses words like full, all, everything, words of completion. He doesn't half step. He doesn't give us a little joy but full joy. He doesn't make some things new but ALL things new. Three times, Jesus mentions the word friend. I thought a little about that word and how wonderful it is that He calls us friend. But how good of a friend have we been to Him? We seek to serve and to please Him but yet we don't show love to those He loves that we see each and every day. If we love Jesus and calls Him a friend, then we should show it to His other friends as well. He loves all of us equally and if we all love Him, we should love each other. We need to be the change the world needs. It has to start with us, the ones Jesus chose.


26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
When was the last time you testified to the goodness of the Lord? Not just to others but to yourself. It's important to always give a testimony to God's grace in your life and to thank Him for it. Tonight in your journals write down a testimony to the Lord and thank Him for it. It can be whatever He has done, like wake you up this morning, or blessed you to be in your right mind. Just give the Lord some glory!!! Q

No comments: