RSS

Saturday, April 11, 2009

21 Days to a closer walk with Thee (Day 13)

I will post my thoughts to this one and Day 12 later. I should be back on track after tomorrow. I've been busy with Easter prepping. Hope you all are having a blessed day. Q

4He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.
5After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
6Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
7Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
8Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
9Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
14If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
16Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
Washing the disciples feet was showing how humble and willing to serve Jesus is. We are to be the same. It also signified the washing of our souls (the soles of the feet) when we accepted Jesus as our savior. We should never get so high that we can't take the time to be a blessing to each other. Just like we do right here on this forum by sharing and praying for each other. What an awesome example we have in Christ.

31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.
32If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.
33Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.
34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
34 and 35 are 2 more verses to have highlighted. In a few sentences, Jesus once again tells us who serve Him, how to treat each other. Just like Jesus was our example, we are to be examples for the word. We need to show the love of Christ because people are watching. If we act like the world then they have no reason to follow our Lord. But if we show them a better way, they will come running, asking, what must I do to be saved.
Today in your journal, I want you to think about the people in your life that you know need Christ. I want you to write their names down so you can pray for them. Every time you are around them, talk with them, or see them, show them the love of Christ with a smile, a kind word, or some gesture. Continue to pray and watch God make that seed of love planted in them grow. Q

No comments: