RSS

Sunday, September 27, 2009

No-Bake Cheesy Ziti Toss

I love baked Ziti. It is one of those dishes that makes me think of my mom. She was known for hers in the neighborhood. She would always pair it with cresant rolls and I do the same. This recipe is a quick and easy one on the stove. It also uses tomatoes along with traditional spaghetti sauce. But it still tastes great. You can do this without meat but I used some ground turkey.

1 16 oz package of ziti
1 lb of ground turkey
1 (15 oz) can of tomatoes drained
1 1/2 cups (6oz) reduced fat Cheddar and mozzarella cheese blend
1 small red bell pepper chopped
1 cup of tomato based sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
1 T of Italian seasoning

Cook ziti according to package and drain well. Cook turkey and drain. Stir tomatoes and the remaining ingredients. Add pasta, turkey, and toss. Q

No comments: