RSS

Monday, August 24, 2009

I got a new cookbook


Last week the Supremes and I took a trip to Ross. I was looking to get some stuff for the house but ran across the book section. I love cooking as you all know and I really love quick, easy and healthy cooking. Well I stumbled across this book "Busy Moms Weeknight Favorites" by Southern Living. I glanced through quickly and it had lots of pics, which I love, and a bunch of easy recipes. For only $5.99, I couldn't pass it up. So this week, I will be trying a new recipe for every meal I make.

My plan was to start yesterday but we went to a birthday party and ended up eating there so there was no need for me to make dinner. Here is tonight's recipe:
Caramelized Onion Chicken

Prep:7 min Cook: 16 min
1 lb of chicken breast tenders
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp olive oil

1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam (or red currant, apple, or seedless blackberry)
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce (I will be using reduced sodium)
1 tsp bottled minced ginger (I will be using 1/4 tsp of ginger powder)
1/2 tsp dried rosemary (I will be using Italian seasoning)

1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Saute' onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add chicken to pan; cook 8 minutes or until chicken is done, turning occasionally. Remove onion and chicken from pan, and set aside.

2. Add jam and remaining ingredients to skillet; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk to loosen browned bits from skillet. Return chicken mixture to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.

I plan on finishing the chicken with roasted asparagus and brown rice. I will update with pics once I'm finished. Q

No comments: