RSS

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Daily devotional reading

I decided to dust off one of my books and use it to help me get all the more closer to the Lord. The name of the book is, "15 Minutes of Peace With God" by Emilie Barnes. I've read it several times in the past but decided to start again.

Scripture Reading: Matthew 9:35-38
Key Verse: Matthew 9:36 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.

Jesus loves and cares for us all. He has compassion for us and understands the trials and tribulations we face. He came so that we may live. He died so we may live. Let us also be mindful of others and have compassion for them. Instead of looking down on people, let us lift them up. Instead of tearing each other down, let us encourage one another. Speak words of love. Show acts of love. Love others with the love of Christ.

Father God I ask that you bless my heart and mind Lord. Create in me a new heart and renew a right spirit within me. Let me not judge, degrade, or belittle my brothers and sisters. Give me a kind word to speak to them. Give me a spirit of compassion to go out show love to a dying world. In your name I pray. Amen Q

"Should we feel at times disheartened and discouraged, a simple movement of heart toward God will renew our power. Whatever He demands of us, He will give us at the moment the strength and the courage that we need." - Francois de La Mothe-Fenelon

No comments: