RSS

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Who moved my cheese?



T and I have a great marriage. I can’t remember the last time we’ve had an argument. Most people assume that if there was one person who was more difficult in our marriage, it would be me. Oh but on the contrary. Please don’t let the fact that he is quiet fool you. My husband has some ways that works my freaking nerves!! You would think after 13 years he would know not to annoy me but he does. Sometimes I think he does it just to mess with me and get my blood pressure up, lol.

For instance, I plan my meals EVERY week. Once again, I plan my meals EVERY week. Which means I also go shopping for said meals ONCE a week. So one week you might see an item in the fridge and the next week you might not depending on the menu. But it is always quite obvious that I buy items for the MEALS for THAT week. Knowing that, you would think it would click in his head that if something is there that usually isn’t there, that means I probably have a certain purpose for it right? Right? Oh no but not in his head. See this problem would simply be solved if he would just open his little mouth. I know he can talk. I’ve heard him do so quite often over the course of 13 years. Why just last night while he was watching the game I heard him talking to the t.v. which of course could not talk back but he did it anyway. So instead of asking if he could use a certain ingredient that I bought for just THIS week, for a CERTAIN meal I was planning to cook, he took it upon himself to just go ahead and use it. *DEEP BREATH*

So imagine my surprise when I go to use said ingredient for said meal and realize the original amount I needed is no longer available!! Oh but it gets worse. So when I ask him if he used said ingredient, his reply is, “some of it.” *BLINK* You see when I leave in the morning, I always take out what I need to cook later if need be and do a quick check to make sure I have everything. So to the regular eye, it would appear as though said ingredient was in ample supply but upon closer inspection, there was less than .000005 of what I needed. So not only did he use it, he barely left enough to freaking use for anything. I mean seriously dude don’t tell me you used SOME when you darn near used ALL of it. And why leave me one freaking little ½ ounce of cheese when my recipe calls for a cup?!!!!!!

So I’m annoyed. Annoyed because he didn’t ask, annoyed because he left so little and should have used all of if, and annoyed because I now have to go to the grocery store AGAIN just to get one item. I get it, it is a simple thing but for me, it’s annoying. I hate going grocery shopping. I especially hate going grocery shopping for one little item when I just went less than 2 days ago. But I would have really been annoyed tonight if I would have went to make the recipe and realized the ingredient was not there after getting home, after passing by the grocery store, and not knowing I needed to get it. Oh believe someone would have been on his way to the store to get it stat!!! Oh the joys of being married!!!! LOL Q

No comments: