RSS

Sunday, November 04, 2007

I'm pretty already




I read something that made me think of something funny that happened with Bria. One day I took her to the hair salon to get her hair washed and trimmed. I was up first and when my beautician called her so she can sit in the chair, Bria replied "why, I'm pretty already". She was only 3 years old at the time but it is still funny to me to this day.

Her statement was so simple but so true. She was completely happy with the way she looked and thought we were crazy to want to do something extra. In life sometimes we just try to do too much to feel accepted. No I am not saying we shouldn't take care of ourselves, pamper ourselves, or do things to make us feel good. We should not do things for the sake of other people. If you are a good person deep down, show respect and love for others, and treat people the way you want to be treated and people still won't accept you, then it is their loss. You are already pretty just the way God made you!!! Q

No comments: