RSS

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Finding the balance

Today I was talking to a guy who works at the local bakery when he said to me "you know life is all about balance". My eyes got big and my mouth dropped open because I was thinking the same thing the other day and knew it would be the topic for this blog today. With anything, balance is the key to maintaining whether it is how you eat, how much you work out, how much money you spend or watching tv, you have to find the middle ground.

Although the statement makes sense, it is easier said than done. I know this first hand because going back to work I am balancing my family, kids, homemaking, friends, qt with my dh, working out, a side business and everything under the sun. Too little or too much of anything is not good. You have to find that middle ground to make it work.

It is hard for a person like me because I stress a lot and there so much I want to do. Even while I sit here typing, I am thinking about a million other things. I am working hard on finding the balance in my life. In my mind things are set and done in a certain way but I know balancing it all means sometimes settling for less than perfect. That drives me crazy!!! I am just praying and believing God to give me peace and to help me accept that I can't do everything and I can't be everywhere for everybody. I need to realize it is okay to go to bed with dishes in the sink, or clothes not folded, or the carpets not vacuumed. It will be there tomorrow and I can do it then. It doesn't make me a bad mom if the kids eat leftovers or I forget to buy more bubble bath. I just need to find the middle ground and know that I am okay. Q

No comments: