RSS

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Today was a good day

I woke up like I usually do on a Saturday to one of my kids telling me they are up and hungry. As usual I tell them to go brush their teeth and they will be fed soon. Then I turn over and go right back to sleep because my husband knows that's his cue to get up. We have this unspoken agreement about the weekends. He gets up with the kids and allows me to sleep in, shop and run errands. During the week I take them to school or their summer program, I go on field trips, participate in PTA stuff, and attend awards functions. So Saturday and Sunday I get a little break. Yes he even picks out their outfits and gets them dressed for church on Sunday.

Today I was laying in bed watching t.v. and I got a call from Lorena. She wanted to go to the mall and I was down. She came by and picked me up and off we went. We window shopped a little and then went to get a pedicure. I had never had one before but I was down. We sat in these chairs that had a massage function and I took full advantage of it. I decided on a dark red color and had some white flowers with a blue stone put in the middle. Being the great friend that she is, she paid for both our treatments. Next we went to the food court, ate, and had a good time talking. Lorena is leaving in 8 days because her husband has orders to Nevada. It was great spending the day with a good friend. I am going to miss her but it is days like today I will remember most. Q

No comments: