RSS

Thursday, July 26, 2007

I lost 5 pounds in one week

I slacked off for a minute but this past week I really stepped up my workout and eating healthy game. I did a lot of reading and came up with something that works. My problem was not eating and then when I realized it, I would binge which wasn't healthy at all. Here are the key things that got me results.
1) Water- I drink at least half my body weight in water usually more
2) 5-6 meals a day
3) Split workouts- low impact cardio in the am like walking, weights, and high impact cardio like turbo jam in the pm
4) Eating in moderation. I have a crazy sweet tooth and know I couldn't quit cold turkey so I eat at least one small cheat a day and if I do, do some extra cardio.
5) Supplements- I take lean system 7 which doesn't give you the shakes or side affects like other supplements, I drink meal replacements shakes, eat healthy fiber bars, take a multivitamin, and fiber and alfalfa capsules.
6) Write it down- I write down everything because it helps me to stay on track and to fine tune as needed.

Here is a typical day for me:
5:30am- have 2 cups of water, vitamin, fiber, alfalfa, and Lean system 7
6:00 am- workout for 45mins to an hour. Usually I do ttapp's Basic Workout Plus followed by walking.
8:00 am- I hate eating breakfast so I usually have a shake and piece of fruit with 2 cups of water.
10:30 or 11:30 am- I have a fiber bar, fruit, and 2 cups of water
Lunch time- If I don't have another shake, or bring food I cooked, I eat a lean cuisine type meal, alfalfa, with 2 cups of water.
5:00 pm- I have a melaleuca Access bar and 2 cups of water. It tastes like a snickers and it helps you have energy and burn fat while you workout.
5:30 pm- I do my weight workout followed by cardio. Water during workout. The length varies depending on where I am at in my schedule. I also mix it up which prevents me from being bored.
6:60- Lean system 7 pills and water
7:00 pm - I eat a protein like salmon or chicken breast, some steamed veggies or a big salad with regular salad dressing, and 2 cups of water. I only use 1 tablespoon and shake like heck. I can't stand the fat free stuff. If I am craving a sweet, I will eat a piece of fruit or if I am really craving, I will eat a small amount of ice cream.
Bedtime- I have tea, water, take my fiber, alfalfa, and vitamin.

I am mad I didn't take measurements because I already see the difference. One of my church members noticed too. I think I finally found something that will work. I am working out, eating right, but enjoying treats in moderation. From now on, I am going to take pictures every 2 weeks and track my measurements.

I will be going on vacation for 2 weeks and I plan on taking my workout videos with me in order to keep improving. I am determined to get my body back. Q

No comments: